Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Spaghetti Squash - Recipe



So you take one spaghetti squash, cut it in half, take out the seeds and cook it at 350 for half an hour face down in a pan with a little water at the bottom.

While it's cooking cut up all vegetables that exist :P
... I cut up
Yellow, orange, red and green peppers,
Zucchini,
Tomatoes,
Sometimes eggplant,
 Mushrooms

Onions.
I cook low fat turkey sausages that don't have sugar in the ingredient list, cut those up and put them in as well.
A pound of lean ground turkey meat.

I put in parsley, and any other seasonings I want to put in at the time.

Take 2 small cans of tomato paste, put them in a pot with a teensy bit of water. Cook all the veggies and meat in the tomato paste.

Fork the spaghetti squash into tupperwear and scoup the 'sauce' into tupperwear. SO GOOD, really actually delicious and so healthy!


When I am looking for a snack or easy lunch I take a smaller tupperwear, scoup some spaghetti squash and some sauce in it, tah- dah. This is a very forgiving recipe that I change up every single time. Easy, don't even have to think about it and honestly, by the end of the diet, it tasted like actual spaghetti to me.

xo

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing! Thank you!
    I'm eating spaghetti squash right now (leftover plain spaghetti squash with Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes on top and Foreman-grilled chicken on top of that) and it's not bad, but this looks definitely worth trying next time! I'm finding even in Stabilization that I need to stay pretty low-carb because of my insulin resistance issues so I'm still using some Dukan recipes!

    ReplyDelete